"When you are in the valley, keep your goal firmly in view and you will get the renewed energy to continue the climb."
I have pre-Thanksgiving good news, the docs have monitored my Pacemaker adjustment results and found improvement. Because of the seven days of better heart performance I am able to go back to Cardiac rehab tomorrow, let’s hope I last more than 3 minutes this time.
As I think I shared with you before the goal of the rehab is to restore my vigor, improve my physical status, get me back into the habit of regular exercise, and motivate me to eat smarter and lose my excess pounds. In effect my doc’s are taking away my excuses. I have really done poorly using the heart problems as the rationale for not pushing too hard. The sad part was that before all this happened I was on my treadmill regularly and had lost substantial weight and felt good. That is where I want to get to again, I have a cruise in early January and I do not want to have to restrict my activity to the point I miss too much. Of course I understand that what I must do is reestablish the mindset that will keep me from slacking off.
I like what personal trainer Bob Choat offers in the following article. As of this moment I plan on following his advice, OK I will follow his advice, is that more positive?
Creating a Peak Performance Mindset
Being able to stay at a high level of performance on a continuing basis is difficult for the majority of the population. It's important to have the right mindset in order to stay at a high level of living day in and day out. There are certain mental techniques that you can use.
1. Make sure you are keeping yourself fit. Get out and exercise. This will enable you to deal with both mental and physical stress that may come your way.
2. Eat high quality foods. By eating right and healthy, your body will get the proper nutrients for physical and mental health.
3. Do deep breathing. Our blood supply needs constant oxygen that will energize our bodies and minds. This will insure that our bodies get the energy it needs and keep our lungs healthy too.
4. Do mental training. Meditation and self-hypnosis as well as visualization help to calm a stressed mind and to develop focus and awareness. The more you're able to train your mind on a regular basis, the easier it will be to access that calm state whenever you need it.
5. Stay optimistic. Having a positive mindset is important for continued high level performance. Being around positive people will help you too.
6. Have positive goals. Having goals that you can stay focused on will help you stay focused on the task at hand and provide a target to aim for.
7. Do some extreme self-care. Taking care of you first is important for recovery. You've done some of it in the other steps. It's important to take some down time. This recovery period will help raise your performance level when you are taking action.
Lots of people limit their possibilities by giving up easily. Never tell yourself this is too much for me. It’s no use. I can’t go on. If you do you’re licked, and by your own thinking too. Keep believing and keep on keeping on.”
Norman Vincent Peale
"I'd like the number for Jennifer Smith in Richmond, Virginia," the young man said to the 411 operator.
"There are multiple listings for Jennifer Smith in Richmond, Virginia," the operator said.
"Do you happen to have a street name?"
The young man scratched his head and hesitated a minute, and then replied.....
"Well, if it will help any, my friends call me 'Snake'."
A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
What did the Yogi say when he walked into the Zen Pizza Parlor?
"Make me one with everything."
When the Yogi got the pizza, he gave the proprietor a $20 bill. The proprietor pocketed the bill. The Yogi said "Don't I get change?"
The proprietor said, "Change must come from within."
The only two things we do with greater frequency as we age are urinate and attend funerals.
A man in a hurry taking his 8-year old son to school, made a turn at a red light where it was prohibited.
"Uh-oh, I just made an illegal turn!" the man says.
"Aw, dad, it's okay," the son replies. "The poilce car behind us just did the same thing too!"
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
A blonde woman goes to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards.
She says to the clerk, "May I have 50 Christmas stamps?"
The clerk says, "What denominations?"
The woman says, "God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists."
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
A man is a person who, if a woman says, "Never mind, I'll do it myself," lets her.
A woman is a person who, if she says to a man, "Never mind, I'll do it myself," and he lets her; gets mad.
A man is a person who, if a woman says to him, "Never mind, I'll do it myself," and he lets her and she gets mad; says, "Now what are you mad about?"
A woman is a person who, if she says to a man, "Never mind, I'll do it myself," and he lets her and she gets mad, and he says, "Now what are mad about?" says, "If you don't know I'm not going to tell you."
The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.”
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back issues are posted at http://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.