One of the best gifts you can give yourself is quiet time with yourself. If you listen, the silence speaks volumes.
I realized recently that I am not reading as much as I use to and that my favorite periodicals are piling up waiting to be read. I have also noticed that since I got my new hearing aids that I am seldom in a quiet place.
Of course I can’t place all the blame on today’s vibrant culture for it seems that I have been conditioned to tolerate chaos to the point I am my own worst enemy. When I am home I think I am successfully multi-tasking when I am reading a newspaper or working on the internet with a tablet while trying to keep up with what’s on TV. The result is that most of my thinking time is in the few minutes that are the prelude to my naps or evenings sleep. I have made my retirement years less restful than when I was working and have become a little frustrated with my not having the self-discipline to allow myself more time for contemplation. So I am going to do better.
If you are like me and want more quiet time you may find these thoughts of life coach Janet Jacobsen to be worth your time.
(1) Being quiet allows you to access your heart's wisdom. We all have incredible wisdom available to us, but we can't access what we don't take time to hear.
(2) Being quiet slows down your racing energy from the tasks of the day. We all need a rest, a break from the high intensity pace we move at during the day.
(3) Being quiet actually helps you solve the problems that are taking up so much of your energy. If we don't listen to our inner wisdom, we can't solve the problems of our lives.
(4) Allowing yourself time to be quiet slows down your reactivity... helps you be more measured when there are crisis situations. Wouldn't it be nice to be less reactive in your life? Wouldn't it be a relief to be more useful in a crisis situation?
(5) Taking time to be still and quiet gets your body's rhythms back in sync... you'll feel more calm, centered and strong. Stress from all parts of our lives creates tension and we tend to override the messages we should be paying attention to. Taking the time to be still and quiet slows this process down so you can feel more centered physically and emotionally.
(6) Taking time to be quiet and listen to your internal wisdom raises your vibration immediately.
Remember, that's the name of the game -- we want to find new ways to raise our vibration so the Universe "notices" that we are joyful and can interpret what we want.
(7) Being quiet allows you to be able to access your creative voice which is good for your business and personal life. I love being creative because it helps me personally and professionally. When I take the time to be quiet, I seem to "hear" better ideas, execute them more elegantly, and overall, feel more peaceful about my life.
(8) Being quiet helps you focus on what you do want, not what you don't want. Sometimes in the busy day, we are more focused on what we are trying to fix rather than on what we want to manifest. Being quiet helps us remember what we do want.
(9) Allowing yourself time to be quiet gives you emotional relief from the daily static and stress of your life. Any time we are adding "relief" to our day, we are raising our vibration and allowing ourselves to manifest more abundance.
(10) Being quiet... is, well, quiet and restful, and being quiet and restful is good for all the systems in your body and your mind. When you take care of your immune system, your body/mind connection and the balance in your life, you will be more successful in every part of your life.
We need quiet time to examine our lives openly and honestly - spending quiet time alone gives your mind an opportunity to renew itself and create order.
I remember when. Do you?
..all soft drinks came in bottles and you could get a deposit back.
..cars had no air-conditioning.
..there was "free air" at all service stations.
..there were S&H green stamps.
..you could go as a child and buy your mom a pack of cigarettes.
..music was on vinyl records 45 rpm and albums were 78 rpm.
..there was one light (red) on top of police cars.
..there was only AM radio.
..everyone took the bus to town.
..gas was .26 a gal and ethel was way too high at .30.
..Typing Class was noisy.
..girls had big hair.
..most of the change in your pocket was pure silver.
..the Network News was only 15 minutes long.
..motor oil came in metal containers.
..toothpaste came in metal tubes.
..the balcony at the movie theatre had the best view.
..every one you knew had a Smallpox scar.
..every house had a tall outside TV antenna.
..you could call a Doctor and he would come to your house (the same day).
..men put on a suit, they also put on a hat.
..men carried metal lunch boxes to work.
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
Manny was almost 29 years old. Most of his friends had already gotten married, and Manny just bounced from one relationship to the next. Finally a friend asked him, "What's the matter, are you looking for the perfect woman? Are you THAT particular? Can't you find anyone who suits you?"
"No," Manny replied. "I meet a lot of nice girls, but as soon as I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn't like them. So I keep on looking!"
"Listen," his friend suggested, “Why don't you find a girl who's just like your dear ole Mother?"
Many weeks past before Manny and his friend got together again.
"So Manny. Did you find the perfect girl yet. One that's just like your Mother?"
Manny shrugged his shoulders, "Yes I found one just like Mom.
My mother loved her, they became great friends."
"Excellent!!! So,.... Are you and this girl engaged, yet?"
"I'm afraid not. My Father can't stand her!"
“Once we discover how to appreciate the timeless values in our daily experiences, we can enjoy the best things in life.”
A couple is lying in bed. The man says, 'I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world.'
The woman replies,' I'll miss you.........
It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.
Stay well, do good work, and have fun.
Management is not responsible for duplicates from previous dailies. The editor is somewhat senile.
This daily is sent only to special people who want to start their day on an upbeat. If you have system overload because of our daily clutter, let me know and I will send you the information via mental telepathy. If you have not been getting our daily you can request to be added by e-mailing me at email@example.com. Back issues are posted at http://raykiwsp.wordpress.com/ currently there are about 2000 readers from around the world.